Saturday, November 10, 2007

Professionals of Tomorrow Conference

(note: you can tell where I am by my blue shirt)

Recently I was a speaker at a student conference organized by the Fellowship of Evangelical Students (FES) on Professionals of Tomorrow (POT). It involved about 200 university students studying healthcare (HOT- healthcarers of tomorrow), law (LOT-lawyers of tomorrow) and teaching (TOT-teachers of tomorrow).
Bishop Hwa Yung gave the Bible exposition on Nehemiah. Dato Dr David Gunaratnam was also present as speaker and new friend, Prof. Dr Richard Loh. It was a joy to meet up with Mrs. Julie Wong, a sister in Christ from my old UKM Christian Fellowship. She is now a teacher.



I have had an enjoyable time speaking, teaching and sharing with this group of young energetic, idealistic, and committed young adults. They are concerned about their studies and their future.


Some of the questions they asked me are:

(1)How to study well?
(2)Why is there more girl Christians than boy Christians?
(3)How do I know my boy/girl friend is the correct one?
(4)Will I be a good doctor/pharmacist/lawyer/teacher?
(5)What will Malaysia be like in the future?
(6)How do I know I am in God’s will?
(7)How do I serve God when I graduate?
(8)Where did you meet your wife?
(9)How do I continue and finish well as a Christian and not fall away?
(10)How do I deepen my spiritual walk with God?

I have been thinking and processing their questions since I came back. How they have challenged me!


This is one of the best organized and planned student camp/conference I have attended. The credit goes to the Fellowship of Evangelical Student (FES) team. In the words of one of the organizers, “God has surprised us at POTs 2007.” Indeed, He has and I am sure it will bear much fruit in the future.




More photos here and here
Some comments from participants here, here, here and here.


Soli deo gloria

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger keropok lekor said...

I heard that it was a really good conference. How I wish I was there :(

By the way, how do I find a wife? hahaha

7:23 AM  
Blogger Kar Yong said...

Hi Alex,

Oh yes, in echoing Keropok Lekor....how do I find a wife? Hahaha

2:08 PM  
Blogger Alex Tang said...

hi keropok lekor,

you should have been there! Maybe you would have found a wife among the many pretty girls at the conference.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Alex Tang said...

hi kar yong,

how about joining the next iPOT conference? :)

BTW aren't you the most eligible bachelor in STM now that Sherman is out of the running?

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pics do convey the buzz of the conference. Impacting these influencers will ripple across decades. The Lord bless you for your labor of love.

So Kar Yong is an eligible bachelor....Hmm I must take a look at my church's catalogue of eligible ladies, haahaa.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Alex Tang said...

blogpastor,

will appreciate your prayers for this next generation of leaders.

2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home