Friday, January 25, 2008

He Ain't Heavy...He's My Brother


wonderful song by the Hollies



"He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother"

The road is long, with many a winding turn

That leads us to who knows where,

who knows where

But I'm strong, strong enough to carry him

He ain't heavy - he's my brother

So on we go, his welfare is my concern

No burden is he to bare, we'll get there

For I know he would not encumber me

He ain't heavy - he's my brother

If I'm laden at all, I'm laden with sadness

That everyone's heart isn't filled with gladness of love for one another

It's a long long road from which there is no return

While we're on our way to there, why not share

And the load, it doesn't weigh me down at all

He ain't heavy - he's my brother

He ain't heavy - he's my brother, he's my brother, he's my brother



Now sung by Neil Diamond

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger sp lim said...

Thanks Alex for bringing me down memory lane. Not that I'm from that era. I'm much younger than that but I grew up listening to those songs played by my sisters who are much older than me.

I still prefer those old songs than those which were popular during my teenage years. Give me Simon & Garfunkel rather than Duran Duran or Wham!. How about the Everly Brothers, Carpenters, Lobo? But Boy George or Madonna, no thank you.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Alex Tang said...

Hi sp lim, I loves these old 'evergreens.' I guess I am being sentimental but they remind me of a simpler time, when black is black and white is white.

1:07 PM  
Blogger kc bob said...

Before I saw the second video I was going to mention Neil's version.. one of my all time favorites. Thanks for reminding me of this wonderful song.. I grew up listening to Neil's music and wax nostalgic of my life in NYC when I hear it.

2:24 AM  
Blogger Alex Tang said...

hi bob,

looks like we have similar tastes in music. Neil does sing it better and with more passion.

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home