Monday, October 13, 2008

A Modern Psalm

Medical science is my shepherd;
I shall not want,
It maketh me to lie down in hospital beds;
It leadth me beside the marvels of modern technology.
It restoreth my brain waves;
It maintains men in a persistent vegetative state for its name’s sake.
Yes, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will find no end to life;
For thou art with me;
Thy respirator and heart machine they sustain me.
Thou preparest intravenous feeding for me in the presence of irreversible disability;
Thou annointest my head with oil;
My cup runneth on and on and on and on.
Surely coma and unconsciousness shall follow me all the days of my continued breathing;
And I will dwell in the intensive care unit forever


- Robert Fraser

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home