Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Challenge of Fixed Hour Prayers

An article about fixed hour prayers with link to some resources from Leadership online. Are you game to try it?

This Week in LeadershipFinding Myself in Fixed-Hour Prayer
How praying the Daily Offices is uniting a church in the Spirit.


I stumbled on fixed-hour prayer about eight years ago. After my father passed away, I found my energy levels really low, and I couldn't sustain my usual devotional life. I did all the regular things: the ACTS acrostic and extemporaneous prayer. I replicated prayer meetings on a one-on-one basis. But nothing seemed to work. I had heard a priest talk about the Daily Office, so, even though it sounded like cheating to me, I thought I would try reading other people's prayers.

| Finish this article |

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home