Thursday, October 02, 2008

Theological Forum at Singapore Bible College

The School of Theology (English) of the Singapore Bible College is celebrating their 50th anniversary. One of their projects is to hold a Theological Forum. I hope this will become an annual affair for them.


Dr Harold Netland is Professor of Philosophy and Intercultural Studies and the Naomi A. Fausch of Missions at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School.

The lecture tonight is on "Globalization, Cultures and Religions." He is a friendly and I engaged him in a conversation. I also got him to autograph two of his books for my library (see below).
I am especially keen to know his thoughts about the effect of globalization on spiritual formation or discipleship. Tonight's lecture laid the groundwork. I hope he gets into the nitty gritty tomorrow.






Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the second book was kinda 'deep', IMO...but it was good because i was so unfamiliar with many of the concepts (not to mention cultures) talked about.

haven't read the first one...seen it all over the place, though.

u read both already?

2:06 PM  
Blogger Alex Tang said...

Hi Alwyn,

No, I have not read both the books. However I am been prepared to read them after meeting the author and listening to his lectures.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home