Friday, March 06, 2009

Fighting the Halo Wars


I know, I know. I am supposed to be preparing my sermon, writing my PhD dissertation, teaching medical students and saving lives. However, I just cannot resist the latest offering of an X-Box game from the Halo universe - Halo Wars. Having enjoyed playing Halo 3 which is a third person shooter, Halo Wars is a real time strategy game, Command and Conquer style! Just what I need when the family is away overseas and I am home alone.

Halo Wars was released in Japan on February 26, PAL territories on February 27, and in North America on March 3, 2009. It is the last project to be developed by Ensemble.

The story is set about 20 years before the first Halo game, Halo: Combat Evolved (2001). It involves a war between humans and the alien Covenant and the introduction of the Flood.

I find the gameplay as good as Command and Conquer though this is the first time I am using the X-Box console. I have been playing Command and Conquer on my PC. Though the console is not a versatile as the PC keyboard, I do not find any difficulty adjusting.

What is impressive about the game is the cut scenes. The graphics are so good that it should be made into a movie and personally I felt it should be.

It is an enjoyable game, not too intense and adrenaline pumping as the Halo trilogy and is great fun.




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home