Friday, May 17, 2013

East Asia School of Theology Commencement Day 2013


Dear God,

Teach me to pray. Teach me to be open to you and learn how to commune with you. I know you are my gracious Father and has been waiting for me to come to you for a long time. I am sorry Lord, that I was just too busy. I was too busy running after the minor things of my life that I forget the major things. I was lost in the forest because I cannot see it for the trees.

Dear God, teach me to depend on you in all things. It is so easy to slip into the 'working mode' and make all things happen by my talents and hard work. Help me to break this habit of depending on my own strength and not on your grace. Help me to develop new habits as I seek to walk closer to you.

Open my eyes, Lord, to the wonders of your creation. Often I am too hurried to stop to see your sunset or smell your roses. Slow me down Lord, that I may behold the wonders of your creation. Let me be appreciative and give me back the sense of wonder I had as a child. 

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.
                                                                                                                                                                                           Amen

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home