Tuesday, February 02, 2010

J.I.Packer Unpacked

From Christianity Today online

Packer, Unpacked
Timothy George attempts to interpret the great 'theologizer.'

J. I. Packer and Evangelical Future: The Impact of His Life and Thought
by Timothy George, Editor
Baker Academic, October 2009
253 pp., $15.99


When historians look back on the life of J. I. Packer, this volume may serve as a useful starting point. An accomplished group of contributors, including Timothy George, Alister McGrath, Chuck Colson, Mark Dever, and the late Richard John Neuhaus, come together in its pages to reflect on Packer's legacy. Their conclusion: the Anglican scholar should be seen fundamentally as a "theologizer," a "latter-day catechist," a Reformed prophet standing in the tradition of Irenaeus, Augustine, Calvin, Baxter, and Owen.


read more

J.I.Packer is one of my favourite Puritan and Reformed theologian and I look forward to reading this book.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home